Wednesday 25 November 2015

Testing confessional mode alonside a narrative/spatial twist of pre-flight 'birdshit architecture'

I'll cry at 20,000 feet.

Liar.

I'll cry and my tears will fall and form perfume bottles.

More like ordinary boring stupid containers.

Then, I'll walk and cry but that's different.

Sir, you'll look ugly. 

What a relief?

The hills behind the city are puffy. 

Puffy, puffy, effing puffy. Blah.

When I hear you crying I'll want to cry but I won't feel deep enough, really.

You will never.

No, Sir. I will never. 

I will never, too. I know less about nothing than you about me. 

They're boarding seats 1-10. 

Fark. Don't laugh.

These are sad sounds, Sir.

Whatever. They're my tears?

They're not mine, I can tell you that.


Note: testing confessional mode with a narrative/spatial twist of 'birdshit architecture' . I first heard of this term via my friend Rosie Evans: http://journal.enjoy.org.nz/love-feminisms/urban-form-and-the-gendered-lens


2 comments:

  1. The hills behind the city are puffy.
    I'll walk then, and cry

    What a relief?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whews. From the footnotes of Rosie's text, I found this lecture:
    http://sma.sciarc.edu/video/aaron-betsky-queerspace/
    Might be interesting for you LA, re your search for Queer urbanism?

    Craig Hodgetts introduces Aaron Betsky, who talks about his research pertaining to the body and sexuality in architecture and design. Admitting that his ideas are not yet fully formed, Betsky explores ways in which ideas of gender performance are wrapped up in notions of space and building. His soon to be released books Building Sex and Queer Space: architecture and same sex desire focus on how people define themselves in the ways they speak, dress, the cars they drive. These choices constitute constructions of ourselves that reflect an exercise of power. Betsky tries to find contradictions that arise from the realization of these constructions, and attempts to exploit those contradictions to make changes.

    ReplyDelete