Monday 14 March 2016

Classified readability

Sister image_TEST

Literal inverse, with readable text_Personals

I haven't figured out how to reverse engineer the image properly so this is just a mock up to see what we think of the literal inversion scenario as mocked up in Marnie's post of our final selection (image below). What do you think?







Mock-ups with readable text together...




A touch of gradient overlay...


Something a little roll-ier...



Starting to get a handle on how to create the newspaper shape - obviously doesn't look as flash-bang as Clare's (always in awe of the Noonan touch) - I am not sure how to create the additional touches of shadow or backing shading so am posting my hack version so that we can to get a sense of the scale /positioning of text that might work - I quite like this level of readability - what do you think?

Note: Also, the current 'classified' files that Clare kindly shared in dropbox have 'Opportunities' at the top of both columns instead of 'Personals' except the psd file, which has Personals (left column) and Opportunities (right column) . I like the idea of having Opportunities prominent on Rain bro image, and Personals (with the left-most text) prominent on the sister image. Thoughts?

7 comments:

  1. Classified readability - your thoughts? xxxR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking so so much more legible RO! Can you curl the top and bottom of the roll so it, er rolls a bit more? The shadowing will help with this too no doubt... Try double clicking on the layer in the layers palette and a window should pop up, select an option like inner glow? And then ok and then click on the effects sublayer in the same place and adjust the degree, distance, spread and size? Could work....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Liz! Have rolled it a little more - still doesn't quite have that falling pixel feel yet of the original - what else needs more of which?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, the first image I mocked up this morning is making me LOL so hard out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey RO. Looking great. I am happy with the two posters. And I totally agree with the plan you have for personals and opportunities. Whoop, and thanks. xxxxM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome from me too! Mockups look great! I rekon the files are ready to go to CN for prep!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ace - thanks Liz. I put the files in dropbox yesterday so Clare might already have them? - if not I can send them via Wetransfer.

    ReplyDelete