Wednesday 9 March 2016

What they said...

Follow on cut and paste post from MS, with notes. First I ask:

is Manchester Street a site where we engage with the local, public site of recovery Outautahi Christchurch, Aotearoa NZ. Is it a geographic, civic community, are we speaking to subgroup within this community; feminist, queer, artistic, allys) by constructing visual imagery to show our understanding of their (our?) context, particular celebrations and challenges in coexisting with this specific community and its wider community context??

as well as threading in our narrative of the Leading Lxdy search? 



For the map, I LOVE your suggestion RO, here is a slightly adjusted version with our title and sub-title:



For the Physics Room stairwell, Pride, Agender and the Women's centre, I am all for a re-portrait-formatisation of the press image. This is the old draft as a stand-in:


I think we can add more context specific references to the conversations that RO had with these organisations too. Into the postcard bits e.g. to lost archives and online communities. 

For the Phantom framed sites, three images:


a lost reality? reality recovered?
This one, with the ladder, but without the clocks (see below for a suggested migration).
LA: Kewl

I really love this as a possible way to collage the magazine covers together. So, like this but with more of the magazine covers included.
LA: I can see this working well.


LA, I was thinking that the clocks would be great here, as a extra to the image that multiplied the natures of time being followed. I like all the Casting Call? echoes in this group. 
LA: says agree, queer time

For the Community Gardens fence:


Gardens always need rain, plus community notice board... 
LA: Plus family brother-type heart heart
watermark?


For the window of the Red Cross (#fashion, #women, #classy, #publicprivatepublic #bodyparts #time):


LA: quietly liking this, religious charity second hand shops being as close as I've got to visiting  church with any regularity.


For the Health & Awareness Centre -- bodies, happiness and finance (need more info on this site though to be sure, and still not clear on the car. Maybe this graphic could move to the magazine cover collage):


LA: FYI the H&A center's AMAZING aesthetic, look at those services! B/P Preciado.....
let's do layerz...

I still don't support Sun Sand and Sex running the Ministry of Finance but I'm happy to see where this one goes.... maybe in the below context?



For the North Projects fence:


The Gayze Off returns... what's your question?


AND, because I'm stuckon this track 4eva and it's relevant in the best, simplest and most literal way:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTjF5JZ_v7M

ALso RO, liking your suggestions for the GLU context, time for more discussion soon on those XXXX

8 comments:

  1. Hey stunts. Super to see all the selections up. There are quite some divergent thoughts, plus changes and movements from Mel in terms of the sites and materials. I think it might be best to have a conversation together over Skype asap. What are your availabilities over the coming days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey stunts. Super to see all the selections up. There are quite some divergent thoughts, plus changes and movements from Mel in terms of the sites and materials. I think it might be best to have a conversation together over Skype asap. What are your availabilities over the coming days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, I am free Friday morning and evening (sigh!) and Sunday evening, + maybe Sunday morning too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Friday morning EU / Friday night NZ would be AMAZING, 'cause Clare already has a good chunk of Friday marked for Stunts' file prep. Clare and I are also available Friday night EU / Saturday morning NZ. RO, lettuce know as soon as you can what would work for you. xxxxM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great plan. I can do after 9pm NZ Friday night, or 9am NZ sat morning or earlier - I have to leave home at 11am Saturday morning xxxR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got my Saturday schedule wrong - I can Skype from 9pm tonight (Friday NZ), though can't skype Saturday morning unless it's early, 7am NZ as have to leave by 8.30am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, Friday 9am EU / 9pm NZ would be great for Marnie and I.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz just confirmed is Ok for her too! See you tomorrow/er... later today Rachel >>>>

    ReplyDelete